- Sign in / Register
- Comparison list
A veteran from South Korea, LG Solar, goes against a newcomer from California, Aptos Solar in our new comparison article. Let’s figure out who makes better solar panels and which one is a more reasonable choice.
LG Solar is a division of the Korean electronics manufacturer LG Electronics, and it has been producing solar panels since 2010. LG Solar has been at the forefront of solar technology, developing new products such as its N-type cells, which are known for their high efficiency and reliability. While the company announced its departure from the solar panel manufacturing market in 2020
Aptos Solar, an American PV modules manufacturer, has been on the market for a few years, but its product is already high-quality and competitive. It . The company was registered in 2019 and ít’s headquartered in Santa Clara, California. The production facilities are located in China, Indonesia and Australia.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of products made by LG and Silfab?
To make the comparison between LG solar panels and Silfab easier, we'll create a table of benefits and drawbacks.
|LG solar panels||Aptos Solar panels|
1. High performance. LG Solar panels have a conversion rate of over 22.3%.
2. Excellent warranties. LG Solar provides 25-year guarantees for materials and production. Even after they've left the market, they still offer assistance.
3. High quality. Panels are produced in the US and Korea.
1. High quality. The exceptional quality of Aptos Solar panels is guaranteed by stringent quality requirements and independent testing. They are resilient, dependable, and suited to all types of weather.
2. Dependable guarantees. You don't see 25-year product warranties and 30-year performance warranties every day. These figures demonstrate Aptos Solar's confidence in the merchandise it sells.
3. Good design. The Aptos Solar panels have a completely black design without any silver ribbons or busbars
1. LG stopped making solar panels and is not planning to return to the solar market any time soon.
2. LG solar panels are more expensive than average.
1. Small product line. Since the brand is relatively young that they don’t have many solar panel models yet.
2. New brand. Aptos Solar is only a few years old. Early years can be difficult and it can be hard to find Aptos Solar panels, and getting warranty support might take longer.
We’ll finish our LG solar panels vs Aptos Solar comparison by comparing the panels from the two brands. This will help you make your choice.
The LG Neon 2 solar panel has a maximum output of up to 385 watts, with an efficiency rating of up to 21.2%. The panel has a sleek black design with a thin frame, making it an attractive option for both residential and commercial installations. The panel is also highly durable, with a strong frame that can withstand up to 6,000 pascals of snow load and up to 5,400 pascals of wind load.
The LG Neon 2 solar panel comes with a 25-year product warranty, which covers defects in materials and workmanship, and a 25-year linear power output warranty, which guarantees that the panel will produce at least 90.08% of its rated power output after 25 years of use.
DNA-120-370 is the most simple panel from Aptos Solar and it’s well suited for home installations. It has a 20.29% efficiency with a 370 watt power output. A module's durability is increased and its shading tolerance is improved by the half-cut design. The panel can bear a wind or snow load of 5400 Pa. It has a 30-year performance warranty in addition to a 25-year product warranty.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!
Get more fun content on YouTube!Subscribe to learn more about solar energy every day