70kW Solar System
The 70kW Solar System are out of stock
Subscribe to updates – we'll let you know when 70kW Solar System are back in stock. Normally, we update products every 2 weeks.
70kW solar systems
If you want to build a powerful solar system for your business or residence, this is the place where you can one. A 70 kW solar system provides you with a steady supply of energy and significantly lowers or straight up nullifies your bills for electricity. At A1SolarStore you can get a complete solar kit where the components already fit together nicely.
What is 70 kW solar system
Systems of a commercial and industrial scope are generally installed on the ground because there is just not enough space for putting all the modules on the roof. There are three types of system configurations and thus three types of kits:
- A grid-tie 70 kilowatt solar system is the most simple configuration and the most popular one as well. The commercial grid is available to you and you can either draw energy from it as usual or pump your excess solar energy into it, selling it to your utility and making your electrical meter go backwards. It’s called net metering.
- Hybrid 70 kwh solar system includes a hybrid inverter and energy storage. It's a good option if power outages are frequent in your area. When a blackout happens, a hybrid inverter switches your house to battery support.
- Off-grid configuration of a 70kw solar system with batteries generally is used when the connection to power lines is not available. You rely solely on solar power during the day and on batteries at night. It is a rarity: large battery banks are expensive and net metering is not an option in this case.
When it comes to production, you can expect hundreds of kilowatt-hours per day from such a system. However, the exact amount of energy that a 70kw solar system produce per day will depends on the following factors:
- weather in your area;
- positioning and tilt of your panels;
- number of peak sun hours in your location.
California gets around 5-6 peak sun hours in summer. A 70 kilowatt solar system will produce around 350 to 420 kWh per day. At the same time in New York the same system will perform significantly worse, especially in the winter, because the number of sun hours will be around 3-3.5.
Your 70kw solar system size and the area that you’ll require for your installation will depend on the panels that you’ll choose. Generally, 72/144-cell, 96-cell or larger panels are used in commercial systems and the output of one panel is from 400W to over 600W. It means that you’ll need from 110 modules and up to 170 to build a 70000 watt solar system. Bifacial panels can help you save space: the active rear side of the bifacial panel gives up to 33% production bonus to the front side. However, you’ll have to install them correctly to increase the albedo of a surface and bifacial gain.
70kw solar system cost
Solar systems of commercial and industrial scope take a long time to build: from several months and up to year. The cost of a 70kw solar system will depend on configuration of your system, solar incentives, labor expenses, permits that you’ll have to get and the panels that you’ll choose.
When it comes to systems of a large size, Chinese solar panels are the most common choice because of their low cost and high efficiency. North-American PV modules are slightly more expensive, but the quality is higher on average.
The design also impacts your 70kw solar system price. Grid-tie installation is the simplest and cheapest, plus it provides a steady income if net metering programs are available. Since energy gets more and more expensive and panels on the contrary get cheaper to produce, you can expect the system to pay for itself at least a couple of times. The 70kw off grid solar system price is going to be much higher since a system of this scope usually requires a large energy storage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Free and usefull digest on solar energy. No spam