Morningstar, ProStar MPPT Charge Controller, 40A, 120Voc, 12/24VDC
Morningstar's newest ProStar MPPT is a mid-range charge controller that features patented TrakStar Technology. It is capable of limiting the output current under high power conditions, even when the input power is several times higher than the Nominal Maximum Operating Power. Off-grid application is possible for PV systems up to 1,100 W. The unit was designed for both industrial and residential customers. Advanced programming options and 190 days of data logging will help you maximize your solar harvest.
- MODBUS communications protocol: easy control, remote access and charge synchronization with up to 190 days of detailed data
- Custom programming: connect to a computer to adjust charging, load, lighting, etc.
- The Remote Temperature Sensor for automatic charge adjustments
- Self-diagnostics with continuous monitoring and reporting
- Charges all battery types: Lead Acid, Lithium, NiCD
- Wire terminals accept wire up to #2 AWG
- 5 year warranty period
Functionality and cost-efficiency
- Durability: protective terminal cover, aluminum heatsink, strong polycarbonate case, coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals
- Networking and communication: supports MSView software, MeterBus and MODBUS protocols
- Reliability: CE, RoHS, UL1741/CSA.107.1, IEC 62109, FCC Part-15 class B compliance and multi-stage quality control
- Maximizes energy harvest with TrakStar MPPT Technology
- Longer battery life with 4-stage charging