120 Cell Solar Panels
In this article, we will list all the important facts about the new generation 120 cell solar panels that will help you make an informed decision when it comes to choosing your solar power system.
What are 120 cell solar panels?
The design of 120 cell solar panel differs from the design of a 60 or 72 cell solar panel. 120 cell solar panels are called half cell modules. A 120 cell solar panel is a panel that has 60 solar cells that have been cut in half. These solar cells still act as photoelements and convert solar energy into electricity. The half cell technology is gaining popularity among homeowners quickly thanks to its multiple benefits.
Advantages of 120 cell solar panels
- The same size as 60 cell solar panels makes it ideal for smaller residential installations.
- Easier installation due to smaller dimensions.
- Better efficiency thanks to half-cut cell configuration.
- Improved performance due to lowered resistive losses.
- Increased durability thanks to smaller cell size and therefore reduced probability of microcracking.
The average price of 120 cell panels
We offer a wide variety of 120 cell solar panel on our website. They range anywhere from $160 to $260 in price.
Sizes of 120 cell panels
A 120 cell solar panel has similar measurements to a 60 cell solar panel but has twice as many solar cells. The average dimensions of a 120 cell solar panel are about 65” x 39” x 1.4”, however, these can vary slightly depending on the manufacturer. The weight of a 120 cell solar panel ranges between 40 and 41 lbs.