Energy Storage Batteries
Energy Storage Batteries
Solar Panel Batteries are links between the solar panels and the sources of electricity consumption that provide your house with constant electric power 24 hours a day.
Since the batteries stabilize the voltage that flows into the grid, they are used to store the excess solar energy and to protect appliances from electrical disturbances.
In solar systems, a deep-cycle battery is used. It's a rechargeable battery that provides a low stream of current over a long period of time (unlike a starting battery that gives off a short burst of high current). In off-grid and hybrid solar systems a battery can be used to run appliances at night while during the day you recharge it with solar power.
Batteries for solar panels are usually either lead-acid or lithium-ion:
- Lead-acid batteries can be automotive (starting) or deep-cycle. The capacity of a lead-acid solar battery is measured in amp-hours (mAh). It’s easy to translate amp-hour into watt-hour — just multiply watt-hour by the voltage of your solar battery.
- Lithium-ion batteries are deep-cycle by default. Their capacity is measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh). They are better than lead-acid batteries in almost every way, except the price.
Sizing your solar battery bank depends on what you plan to do with it. For example, if you need energy storage as a backup in case of power outage, first calculate your daily energy needs. You can do this by using electrical meters, looking at electricity bills or simply by multiplying the power ratings of household appliances by their hours in use one by one. If you want your solar battery to cover your energy needs for more than one day, multiply the daily needs by the desired number of days.
Take into consideration the depth of discharge (DOD) — solar batteries should not be discharged below a certain level on a regular basis. Lead-acid batteries usually have a DOD of 50%, and lithium-ion batteries can be easily discharged by 80% and recharged back again. Constant deep discharge leads to an early death of a solar panel battery.
Choosing the right battery for solar panels
There are two main types of batteries on the market:
Devices that use grid photovoltaic and battery inverters. They redirect the excess electrical energy to the battery as well as have the ability to recharge it from the inverter output.
Devices that use battery inverters and DC charge controllers. They send the excess generated electrical energy directly to the grid.
Solar batteries we offer
By contacting us, you can choose and purchase solar batteries to provide your home with electrical energy either for a long time or for several hours, depending on your needs.
Our Solar Batteries:
- Have high efficiency
- Charge efficiently from high and low currents
- Have a long service life
- Have very low maintenance
- Withstand increased humidity and temperature drops
Popular brands of Solar Panel Batteries
Enphase Energy batteries are easy to install, durable, safe and highly efficient. They are 30% lighter and 15% more space-efficient than traditional batteries. They are compatible with solar panels with power up to 440 W, which is sufficient to provide most of the electrical appliances in a house with power. They come with a 10 years manufacturer’s warranty.
Our specialists will advise you on the choice of solar panel battery, its installation, subsequent operation, and maintenance.
How we work
- Our warehouses are located on both east and west coasts of the USA: California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, and Missouri
- We process all orders within 24 hours and ship them within 48 hours
- Delivery normally takes between 4-7 business days
- All of our suppliers are trusted solar panel manufacturers