Our Jinko Solar panel review is nearing the closure. Let’s round up what we’ve learned so far.
- Jinko Solar is a Chinese brand with headquarters in Shanghai.
- It has been the largest solar manufacturer in the world for the last 5 years.
- Its engineers experiment a lot with N-type cells and tiling ribbon cell design.
- The panels from Jinko Solar are modern and highly efficient: up to 22% conversion rate.
- PV modules are relatively cheap and come at around $0.5-$0.8 per watt.
- Generally, Jinko Solar issues a 12-year product warranty for its panels, though some models have a 25-year warranty.
- Panels get a 25-year warranty for performance (30-year for certain models). Their average annual degradation rate is 0.55%.
- Panels with n-type cells show lower degradation rate in the first year of service – no more than 1%. Some of them retain over 87% after 30 years.
- Though Jinko Solar panels are said to have 60/72 cells, almost all models feature half-cut cell design.
Looking at what Jinko Solar managed to do so far, we aren’t surprised that the brand took a lead on the market. The panels are cheap, powerful and quality enough, and that's what makes them so popular all around the world. On that note we end our Jinko Solar panel review 2022 – but we will be back with more.