Canadian Solar panels vs LONGi Solar panels
- 20 Mar 2023
- 5 min
There are so many solar manufacturers in the world and it's hard to choose the right one. How does a big name from China LONGi Solar fares against famous Canadian Solar? Who makes better photovoltaics? Let’s find out.
What we know about the Canadian Solar panel brand
Canadian Solar is a global company with manufacturing facilities located in several countries around the world. The company was founded in Canada in 2001 and is headquartered in Ontario, Canada. However, not all Canadian Solar panels are made in Canada.
Canadian Solar has manufacturing facilities in China, South Korea, Vietnam, Brazil, and Canada, among other countries. The company also has sales and marketing offices in many countries, including the United States, Japan, Germany, and Australia.
What we know about the LONGi Solar panel brand
Longi Solar is a Chinese solar panel manufacturer that was founded in 2000 and has since become one of the world's largest solar companies. The company specializes in the production of monocrystalline solar panels, which are known for their high efficiency and performance.
The majority of LONGi Solar manufacturing facilities are located in China. The company has several manufacturing facilities throughout the country, including in the provinces of Jiangsu, Anhui, and Shanxi.
In addition to their facilities in China, Longi Solar also has manufacturing operations in Malaysia and India, which are aimed at serving the local markets in those regions.
Canadian Solar panels vs LONGi Solar panels: Pros and Cons
Here are the benefits and drawbacks of panels from two brands. This will help us decide the winner of Canadian Solar panels vs LONGi Solar comparison.
|Canadian Solar panel||LONGi Solar panels|
1. A moderate price, though Chinese panels are cheaper
2. High efficiency up to 22% which allows you to use available space to the fullest.
3. The broad product range includes energy storage and panels made of monocrystalline and polycrystalline materials.
4. Canadian Solar panels perform well on cloudy days.
1. Low degradation rate: Longi Solar panels have a low degradation rate, which means they will continue to produce power at a high level for many years. This can be an important factor for those looking for a long-term investment in solar energy.
2. Industry certifications: Longi Solar panels have been certified by various industry organizations, including TUV Rheinland, UL, and the International Electrotechnical 3. Commission (IEC), which can provide assurance of their quality and reliability.
3. High efficiency: Longi Solar's monocrystalline panels are known for their high efficiency, which means they can generate more power per square foot of solar panel compared to other types of solar panels. This can be particularly beneficial for homeowners and businesses with limited roof space.
4. Low cost. LONGI Solar are a good choice for those with a limited budget.
1. In 2021 there was an investigation by The Globe and Mail which revealed that Canadian Solar runs a solar farm in Xinjiang, China, next to an internment camp for Uyghurs. The company denies the accusation. HRF criticized the brand.
1. Limited product options: Longi Solar focuses on producing monocrystalline panels, which means they have a limited range of product options compared to other brands that produce both monocrystalline and polycrystalline panels.
2. Availability: Longi Solar panels may not be as widely available as other brands in some regions. This can make it more difficult for homeowners and businesses to find and purchase their products.
3. LONGi Solar is a Chinese brand and the panels might be hard to find in the US.
Best solar panel Canadian Solar vs Best solar panel LONGi Solar: By A1SolarStore
It’s time to look at the panels that two brands offer. Both panels are well-suited for home and business solar installations.
Canadian Solar HiHero
HiHero is a great panel for residential and small commercial installations. It provides up to 430 W power output with its efficiency reaching 22%. HiHero suitable for any kind of climate. Canadian Solar performs well in low-light conditions and heterojunction cells ensure superb production at high temperatures. The panel is backed up by a 25-year product warranty and a 30-year warranty for performance.
LONGi Solar Hi-MO 4 450 W
One of Longi Solar's most popular and efficient solar panels is the LONGi Solar Hi-MO 4 module. It has a power output of up to 450 watts and boasts an impressive module efficiency of up to 21%. The Hi-MO 4 module features PERC (Passivated Emitter and Rear Contact) cell technology and a 166 mm silicon wafer, which enhances its overall performance and reliability.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!