- Sign in / Register
- Comparison list
Among North American brands, Sunpower and Canadian Solar are the most famous ones. They make very different panels though. Whose PV modules are better for you? Let’s take a closer look at them in our Canadian Solar panels vs Sunpower comparison
Canadian Solar is a leading global manufacturer of PV modules and provider of solar energy solutions. The company was founded in 2001 in Canada. The company's manufacturing facilities are located in several countries around the world, including Canada, China, Vietnam, Brazil, and South Korea. The company operates 14 manufacturing facilities in total, with a total production capacity of over 20 GW.
Canadian Solar has invested heavily in research and development, and it has over 1,200 patents granted or pending in solar technology. The company's R&D efforts are focused on improving the efficiency and performance of its solar products, as well as developing new technologies like bifacial solar cells and shingled solar module.
SunPower Corporation is a leading solar technology company that designs and manufactures high-efficiency solar panels and systems for residential, commercial, and utility-scale applications. The company was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in San Jose, California.SunPower is known for its high-quality solar panels, which are designed to maximize energy output while minimizing the amount of space needed for installation.
SunPower has manufacturing facilities located in several countries around the world, including the United States, Mexico, France, and the Philippines. The company's largest manufacturing facility is located in the Philippines, where it produces its high-efficiency solar panels and systems.
Here are the benefits and drawbacks of panels from two brands. This will help us decide the winner of Canadian Solar panels vs Sunpower comparison.
|Canadian Solar panels||Sunpower panels|
1. High efficiency up to 22% which allows you to use available space to the fullest.
2. The broad product range includes energy storage and panels made of monocrystalline and polycrystalline materials.
3. Canadian Solar panels perform well on cloudy days and in winter in general.
1. Sunpower panels have the highest efficiency, just shy of 23%. This matters a lot when you deal with limited space.
2. Aesthetics: SunPower panels are often considered more aesthetically pleasing than many other solar panels, with an all-black design that can blend in seamlessly with a roof.
3. Top-notch warranties, amazing quality and great reputation. The brand offers a 40-year product and performance warranty for certain models and 25-year warranties for all the rest. The panels retain over 88% of their power output after 40 years. SunPower solar panels reviews are overwhelmingly positive and the brand is beloved by experts and customers.
1. Canadian journalists revealed in 2021 that Canadian Solar has a solar farm in Xinjiang, China, next to an internment camp for Uyghurs. This led to HRF criticizing the brand.
1. High price. The cost of Maxeon and SunPower solar panels is unquestionably among the highest available, if not the most costly.
2. Emphasis on residential projects. Although the company sells panels for mobile solar installations and commercial systems, it is not their area of expertise.
Here are two most efficient panels from these brands. They are both amazing for building a home system or a small commercial installation.
Here is 430 W solar panel with its efficiency reaching 22% – the highest number for Canadian Solar panels. It is suitable for all kinds of applications. HJT cells improve performance at high temperatures. The panel is backed up by a 25-year product warranty and a 30-year warranty for performance.
Here is a relatively standard panel for home systems from Maxeon SunPower with 430 W power output. Its conversion rate of 22.7% places it among the most efficient panels available today. The panel has a 40-year product and performance warranty, and at that time, you can anticipate it to still be producing more than 88% of its original power.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!
Get more fun content on YouTube!Subscribe to learn more about solar energy every day