- Sign in / Register
- Comparison list
Trina Solar and Canadian Solar have the same country of origin: China. However, these are two very different brands, each one being a star on the solar market. What kind of panels do they make and whose are better? Let’s take a look at them in our Canadian Solar vs Trina Solar comparison.
Canadian Solar is a global manufacturer of solar photovoltaic (PV) modules and provider of solar energy solutions. The company was founded in Canada in 2001 and has since expanded its operations to over 30 countries worldwide, with production facilities in China, Brazil, and South Korea.
Canadian Solar produces a wide range of solar products, including monocrystalline and polycrystalline PV modules, solar panels, and solar energy storage solutions. Canadian Solar is also involved in solar project development. The company has developed and built a number of large-scale solar projects around the world, including a 300 MW solar power plant in Brazil and a 200 MW solar power plant in Australia.
Trina Solar is a leading manufacturer of solar panels and other solar energy products. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Changzhou, China. Trina Solar has a global presence and operates in over 100 countries, with production facilities in China, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Trina Solar produces a wide range of solar products, including photovoltaic (PV) modules, solar cells, and solar trackers. The company's PV modules are among the most efficient in the industry, with conversion efficiencies up to 22%. Trina Solar also produces a line of energy storage solutions, which can be combined with their solar panels to create a complete solar power system.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of panels from these two brands? Let's take a look at the table.
|Trina Solar solar panels||Canadian Solar panels|
1. Modules with high performance. Most of the modules in Trina Solar's product line have an output of more than 400 W.
2. Extremely advanced, high-efficiency modules with a conversion rate up to 22%.
3. Low price. Trina Solar's modules are suitable even for small budgets and pay for themselves quickly due to their high performance
1. Efficiency up to 22%.
2. Better hot spots and microcracks protection.
3. Great performance in low-light conditions.
4. Diverse product line.
1. Emphasis on panels for systems of commercial and industrial scale. This is by no means a disadvantage, but if you're looking for panels for your home, the choices are limited.
2. Warranties for Trina solar panels are standard only. However, a 15-year product warranty on the latest Vertex model with a possible extension to 25 years looks very good.
3. Trina Solar has had a number of quality issues with panels manufactured between 2011 and 2014.
1. Controversy around the brand. In 2021 The Globe and Mail's revealed that the company was operating a solar farm in Xinjiang, China, near the Uighur camp. Journalists also claimed that Canadian Solar works with GCL-Poly, whose subsidiary in Xinjiang is accused of forced labor. The company denies the allegations.
Let’s look at two panels from the brands. We’ll finish our Canadian Solar vs Trina Solar comparison by evaluating their models for home installations.
Hiku Black is a good option for a simple home installation. It can output 370W of power and has an efficiency of 20%. The panel's endurance is increased and its shading resistance is improved by the half-cut design. The model has excellent product and performance warranties of 25/25 years with degradation rates of 0.55% or less. The panel looks amazing on any roof thanks to its all-black construction.
“Honey” is the panel for home installations from Trina Solar: a solid, fairly standard and relatively inexpensive PV module.. It is rated for 345 W power with up to 20.5% efficiency. Half-cut and multi busbar technologies improve shading tolerance and power output. The panel can withstand up to 5400 Pa load.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!
Get more fun content on YouTube!Subscribe to learn more about solar energy every day