LG solar panels vs Hyundai solar panels: Battle of two Koreans
- 17 Mar 2023
- 5 min
Out of two Korean giants, LG and Hyundai, whose solar panels are better? It’s up to you to decide, and we’ll help you make your choice by comparing the pros and cons and panels of these two manufacturers.
What we know about the LG solar panel brand
LG Solar is a division of LG Electronics, a Korean electronics manufacturer, and it has been producing solar panels since 2010. The company is known for its focus on quality and innovation, and it has developed products such as its N-type cells. LG Solar has been committed to sustainability, with a goal to reduce its carbon footprint and promote renewable energy. While the company announced its departure from the solar panel manufacturing market in 2020, its legacy in the solar industry remains significant.
What we know about the Hyundai Solar panel brand
Hyundai Solar is a division of the Korean conglomerate Hyundai Heavy Industries, which was founded in 1947. The company has been producing solar panels since 2005 and has established itself as a major player in the global solar market. Hyundai Solar's products are used in residential, commercial, and utility-scale installations around the world, and the company has established a reputation for quality and innovation in the solar industry.
LG solar panels vs Hyundai Solar panels: Pros and Cons
What are the advantages and disadvantages of LG and Hyundai solar panels?
To make the comparison easier, here’s a table of their benefits and drawbacks.
|LG solar panels||Hyundai Solar panels|
1. Good production. The panels from LG Solar show high production levels and reach a conversion rate up to 22.3%.
2. Long warranties. LG Solar panels come with 25-year guarantees for materials and production.
3. High quality. Panels are manufactured in the US and Korea and meet international quality standards.
1. High energy efficiency: Hyundai Solar panels are known for their high energy conversion efficiency, which can help you get the most out of your solar system and generate more electricity.
2. Durable and reliable: Hyundai Solar's manufacturing facilities use high-quality materials and advanced production processes to ensure that their panels are durable and reliable, with a long lifespan and minimal maintenance requirements.
3. Variety of products: Hyundai Solar offers a range of solar panel products, with different power outputs and designs to suit a variety of installation needs.
4. Backed by a well-established brand: As a division of Hyundai Heavy Industries, Hyundai Solar benefits from the resources and expertise of a well-established, global brand.
1. LG is not making solar panels anymore. The company has left the solar market and it’s not planning to return any time soon.
2. LG PV modules are more costly than average.
1. Higher cost: Compared to some other solar panel brands, Hyundai Solar panels may be more expensive, which could be a disadvantage for those looking for a more affordable solar solution.
2. Limited availability: Hyundai Solar may not be available in all regions, which could limit the options for those looking to purchase their products.
3. Warranty coverage: While Hyundai Solar panels come with a warranty, some customers have reported difficulties with warranty claims and the process of getting replacements or repairs.
4. Lower efficiency in low light: Like many solar panels, Hyundai Solar panels may not perform as well in low light conditions, which could impact energy generation during periods of overcast weather or in areas with limited sunlight.
Best solar panel LG vs Best solar panel Hyundai: By A1SolarStore
Let’s take two panels from these two brands and decide which one is better. We’ll look at properties of two panels for residential systems.
LG NeON 2
The LG Neon 2 is a high-performance solar panel designed for residential and commercial applications. It features a sleek, black design and a compact size that allows for easy installation. The panel uses LG's N-type cells, which are known for their high efficiency and reliability. The LG Neon 2 comes with a 25-year performance warranty and a 25-year product warranty, ensuring long-term durability and reliability.
365PV Modules from Hyundai is part of the XG series. This panel takes full advantage of the Passivated Emitter Rear Contact (PERC) technology that allows it to capture up to 12% more energy. Solar cells have a reflective layer on the bac which maximizes the number of photons that get absorbed. Another advantage is the half-cut cell technology which leads to decreased power loss, improved longevity and better low-light performance. The efficiency of this model reaches 20.4% — well above the market’s average.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!