Trina solar panels vs LG
- 21 Mar 2023
- 5 min
Trina Solar and LG Solar both offer a range of high-quality solar panels for residential and commercial solar energy systems. In this comparison, we'll take a closer look at the pros and cons of Trina Solar vs LG Solar.
What we know about Trina Solar
Trina Solar is a Chinese company specializing in the manufacturing and development of photovoltaic (PV) modules and complete solar energy systems. Founded in 1997, Trina Solar has established itself as a leading player in the global solar energy market with a strong presence in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
Trina offers a range of high-quality solar panels with a variety of specifications to meet the diverse needs of customers. Their panels are known for their high performance and reliability, with a conversion efficiency of up to 22% for their latest panels. Trina Solar also offers 25-year warranties on their products to ensure full customer satisfaction.
What we know about LG Solar
LG Solar is a division of the South Korean electronics company LG Electronics. It specializes in the manufacturing and development of solar panels for use in residential and commercial solar energy systems.
LG Solar offers a range of high-quality solar panels with a variety of specifications to meet the diverse needs of customers. Their panels are known for their efficiency, durability, and longevity, and they too offer a 25-year warranty on their products.
In addition to solar panels, LG Solar also offers a range of other products and solutions for the solar energy market, including solar inverters, energy storage systems, and turn-key solar energy solutions.
Trina Solar vs LG Solar: Pros and cons
In this section, we'll compare the advantages and disadvantages of Trina Solar vs LG Solar.
|Trina Solar||LG Solar|
1. Affordable. Trina Solar panels are among the most affordable PV modules available, with a price per watt of around $0.70.
2. High performance. Trina Solar panels have a high conversion efficiency of up to 19.5%, which means that more sunlight can be converted into power.
3. Warranty. Trina Solar provides a 25-year warranty package that covers the components, electricity output, and labor.
1. Efficiency. LG Solar panels are known for their efficiency, with some panels reaching efficiencies of up to 22%.
2. Quality. Customers frequently comment on how well LG Solar panels are made. The manufacturing facilities are located in the US and Korea. The panels are good for a variety of climates because they are made to withstand severe weather, including strong winds and large snow loads.
3. Warranty. LG Solar provides a 25-year warranty package that covers the components, electricity output, and labor.
1. Limited product range. Trina Solar primarily focuses on photovoltaic modules and does not offer a wide range of products and solutions for the solar energy market.
1. Cost. LG Solar panels are among the most expensive PV modules available, with a price per watt of around $1.50.
2. Limited product availability. Unfortunately, LG has decided to stop the manufacturing of solar panels and quit the market, which means that there won't be any new panels available for the time being.
Best solar panel Trina vs Best solar panel LG: By A1 Solar Store
Let’s compare the two best panels from these two manufacturers. Looking at concrete examples will make it easier to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each brand.
A1SolarStore recommends Trina Solar TSM 365 W
This 365 W Trina solar panel is surprisingly affordable given its characteristics. With a power density of 18.4 watts/ft², it won’t waste the limited space on your roof. One of the most salient features of this model is its unique cell design, which allows the panel to be more resistant to shading. At just $0.78 per watt, Trina offers a model with 25 years of product warranty and an equally lengthy performance warranty. The looks won’t disappoint either: its black surface looks stylish and visually appealing on a roof.
A1SolarStore recommends LG NeON R 435W A6 Series
An AC variation of the Neon R LG 435 solar panel, this panel comes with a built-in micro inverter. It provides better efficiency and shading protection. The downside of AC modules is the higher cost and the maintenance is more difficult. The panel is great for residential systems. It comes with 25-year warranties for product and performance.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!