- Sign in / Register
- Comparison list
Trina and SunPower are two popular brands in the solar panel market. In this comparison, we'll explore the features, pros, and cons of both to help you make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
Trina Solar is a Chinese company that was founded in 1997. It is one of the leading solar panel manufacturers in the world, with a strong global presence. The company specializes in the manufacturing of monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels for residential and commercial use.
Trina Solar panels are known for their high performance, durability, and affordability. They offer a wide range of products, including bifacial modules, dual glass modules, and smart modules, among others. The company's solar panels are built to withstand harsh weather conditions and come with a 25-year warranty.
Trina Solar also offers a range of solar solutions, including energy storage systems, inverters, and other components to provide a full range of equipment for any application.
SunPower is a US-based company that has been in operation since 1985. It is a leading manufacturer of high-efficiency solar panels and is known for producing some of the most efficient solar panels on the market. The company's solar panels are designed to deliver maximum power output and are built to last.
SunPower solar panels come with a 25-year warranty and are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions. The company has a strong reputation for innovation and quality, with many positive customer reviews and a commitment to sustainability. They offer a range of solar solutions, including residential and commercial solar systems, energy storage systems, and financing options.
Here's a comparison of the pros and cons of Trina and SunPower solar panels:
1. Affordability. Trina Solar panels are more affordable than many other high-quality solar panel brands.
2. Wide range of products. Trina Solar offers a wide range of solar panels to meet the needs of different customers.
3. Reliability. Trina Solar panels are known for their durability and long lifespan, making them a reliable choice for those looking for a long-term solar solution.
1. High Efficiency. SunPower solar panels are known for their high efficiency and are capable of converting more sunlight into electricity than other solar panels.
2. Exceptional quality. SunPower is known for producing high-quality solar panels that are built to last and come with a 25-year warranty.
3. Sustainability. SunPower is committed to sustainability and has received several awards for its efforts.
1. Lower efficiency. Trina Solar panels are generally less efficient than SunPower panels, which means they may require more space to achieve the same power output.
2. Limited warranty. Trina Solar panels come with a 25-year warranty, which is standard for the industry, but not as long as the warranties offered by some other brands.
3. Relatively new to the market. Trina Solar is a newer brand than SunPower and may not have the same level of brand recognition.
1. Higher price. SunPower panels are generally more expensive than Trina Solar panels, which may be a barrier for some customers.
2. Limited product range. SunPower offers a limited range of solar panel products, which may not meet the needs of all customers.
3. Limited availability. SunPower solar panels may not be available in all areas, which may limit their accessibility.
Let’s compare the two best panels from these two manufacturers. Looking at concrete examples will make it easier to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each brand.
This 365 W Trina solar panel is surprisingly affordable given its characteristics. With a power density of 18.4 watts/ft², it won’t waste the limited space on your roof. One of the most salient features of this model is its unique cell design, which allows the panel to be more resistant to shading. At just $0.78 per watt, Trina offers a model with 25 years of product warranty and an equally lengthy performance warranty. The looks won’t disappoint either: its black surface looks stylish and visually appealing on a roof.
An AC panel from SunPower Maxeon comes with a built-in micro inverter from Enphase. The module provides 440 W of output with 22.8% efficiency. Microinverters have superior monitoring capabilities compared to string inverters. The inverter from Enphase works at 96.5% efficiency. The panel comes with an unheard of 40-year warranty from SunPower for product and performance. There is also a 25-year product warranty for the micro inverter which is covered by Enphase.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!
Get more fun content on YouTube!Subscribe to learn more about solar energy every day