Trina solar panels vs Solaria
- 21 Mar 2023
- 5 min
Trina Solar and Solaria are two well-known solar panel manufacturers in the industry. Both companies have a range of high-quality solar panels that are known for their efficiency and longevity, but which brand is better? In this comparison, we will take a closer look at Trina Solar and Solaria to determine which one is the better choice.
What we know about the Trina Solar brand
Trina Solar is a Chinese company that was founded in 1997. It is a vertically integrated company that specializes in the production of monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels. Trina Solar panels have a good reputation in the industry and are known for their efficiency and durability.
Trina Solar offers a range of solar panels with different specifications, including the high-performance Honey and Duomax series. The Honey series has an efficiency rate of up to 21.1%, while the Duomax series has an efficiency rate of up to 20.5%. Trina Solar also offers a 25-year warranty on their panels, which covers both product defects and performance.
What we know about the Solaria brand
Solaria is a US-based solar panel manufacturer that was founded in 2000. It is a relatively new player in the industry but has quickly gained a reputation for producing high-quality and efficient solar panels. Solaria panels also offer a 25-year warranty on their products, which covers both product defects and performance.
Solaria panels are known for their sleek and aesthetic design, which is achieved by eliminating the traditional silver grid lines that are present on most solar panels. Instead of using silver busbars, Solaria uses a patented cell-interconnect technology, which they call PowerXT. This technology places thin copper wires across the solar cell surface, resulting in a more aesthetically pleasing panel with higher energy production capabilities. The absence of grid lines also reduces the chance of cracking, corrosion, and shading, which can degrade the panel's efficiency.
Trina Solar vs Solaria: Pros and cons
To determine which solar panel brand is better, let's take a closer look at the pros and cons of each.
1. High efficiency. Trina Solar panels have a range of high-performance panels that can achieve an efficiency rate of up to 23%.
2. Cost-effective. Trina Solar panels are reasonably priced, making them a great choice for those looking for a cost-effective solar panel solution.
3. Industry recognition. Trina Solar has received multiple awards for their innovative products and technology, including the "Top Performer" award from the DNV GL 2021 PV Module Reliability Scorecard.
4. Strong warranty. Trina Solar offers a 25-year warranty on their panels, which covers both product defects and performance.
1. Sleek and aesthetic design. Solaria panels have a unique and aesthetic design that eliminates the traditional silver grid lines, making them a great choice for those who prioritize the appearance of their solar panels.
2. High efficiency. Solaria panels have a high efficiency rate of up to 21%, making them a great choice for those who want to maximize the amount of energy they can generate.
3. Strong warranty. Solaria offers a 25-year warranty on their panels, which covers both product defects and performance.
1. Relatively low efficiency rate for some series. While Trina Solar has some high-performance panels, some of their other series have a lower efficiency rate, such as the Duomax series, which has an efficiency rate of up to 20.5%.
1. Higher cost. Solaria panels are more expensive than some other solar panel brands on the market.
2. Less industry recognition. While Solaria has received some recognition for its technology and products, it is not as widely recognized as Trina Solar.
Best solar panel Trina vs. best solar panel Solaria: By A1 Solar Store
Let’s compare the two best panels from these two manufacturers. Looking at concrete examples will make it easier to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each brand.
A1SolarStore recommends Trina Solar TSM 365 W
This 365 W Trina solar panel is surprisingly affordable given its characteristics. With a power density of 18.4 watts/ft², it won’t waste the limited space on your roof. One of the most salient features of this model is its unique cell design, which allows the panel to be more resistant to shading. At just $0.78 per watt, Trina offers a model with 25 years of product warranty and an equally lengthy performance warranty. The looks won’t disappoint either: its black surface looks stylish and visually appealing on a roof.
A1SolarStore recommends Solaria Power XT 430 W
The Solaria PowerXT 430 W is one of the best models of solar panels manufactured by Solaria. It boasts an impressive power output of 430 watts, making it highly efficient in converting sunlight into usable electricity. What sets this panel apart from other Solaria panels is its innovative PowerXT technology. Instead of traditional silver busbars, this panel uses thin copper wires to interconnect the cells, resulting in a sleeker, more visually appealing design. This technology also enhances the panel's overall performance, increasing energy output, and reducing the potential for shading, cracking, or corrosion. Overall, the model is a top performer that offers both aesth
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!