Trina solar panels vs Tesla
- 21 Mar 2023
- 5 min
Solar energy has become an increasingly popular choice for homeowners and businesses alike, and there are many options to choose from when it comes to solar panels. In this comparison, we will look at two major players in the solar panel market: Trina and Tesla.
What we know about the Trina Solar brand
Trina Solar is a Chinese company that was founded in 1997 and specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality solar panels. It has a presence in over 100 countries and is one of the largest solar panel manufacturers in the world. The company has a wide range of solar panel options to meet the diverse needs of its customers.
Trina's panels are known for their high efficiency, durability, and longevity. They offer a 25-year warranty on their products to ensure customer satisfaction, and their panels have been tested to withstand harsh weather conditions, making them a popular choice for both residential and commercial installations.
In addition to solar panels, Trina also offers other solar energy products and solutions, including inverters, batteries, and complete solar energy systems.
What we know about the Tesla solar panel brand
Tesla is a US-based company that was founded in 2003, and is well-known for its electric vehicles, but also offers solar panels and other clean energy products. Tesla's solar panels are manufactured in the United States and are known for their sleek design and cutting-edge technology.
Tesla offers two solar panel options: the Solar Roof and the Solar Panel. The Solar Roof is a new type of solar panel that is designed to look like a regular roof, while also generating electricity. The Solar Panel is a traditional solar panel, but it offers a sleek design and is known for its high efficiency.
Tesla offers a 25-year warranty on their solar panels, and they are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, making them a good choice for those who live in areas with extreme weather.
Trina solar panels vs Tesla solar panels: Pros and cons
Let’s go through what each brand is great and not so great at.
1. High performance. Trina's panels offer high conversion rates, with some of their panels reaching efficiencies of over 22%.
2. Quality. Trina has a reputation for manufacturing high-quality panels that are durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
3. Warranty. Trina provides a 25-year warranty on their panels, which is a standard in the industry.
1. Sleek design. Tesla's panels are known for their sleek and modern design, making them an aesthetically pleasing addition to any home.
2. Cutting-edge technology. Tesla is known for being at the forefront of new technology, and their solar panels are no exception. Their Solar Roof, in particular, is a new and innovative product that is gaining popularity.
3. American-made. Tesla's solar panels are manufactured in the United States, which is a selling point for many people who prioritize supporting American-made products.
1. Price. Trina's panels are generally more affordable than some other high-end brands, but they are still more expensive than some budget-friendly options.
2. Availability. Trina solar panels may not be as widely available as some other brands, which could make them difficult to find in certain areas.
1. Price. Tesla's panels are some of the most expensive on the market, which could make them unaffordable for some customers.
2. New technology. While Tesla's cutting-edge technology is a selling point for some customers, it may make others hesitant to invest in a product that hasn't been widely tested yet.
3. Limited options. Tesla's solar panel options are limited compared to some other brands, which could make it difficult for customers to find a product that meets their specific needs.
Best solar panel Trina vs best solar panel Tesla: By A1 Solar Store
Let’s compare the two best panels from these two manufacturers. Looking at concrete examples will make it easier to understand the strengths and weaknesses of each brand.
A1SolarStore recommends Trina Solar TSM 365 W
This 365 W Trina solar panel is surprisingly affordable given its characteristics. With a power density of 18.4 watts/ft², it won’t waste the limited space on your roof. One of the most salient features of this model is its unique cell design, which allows the panel to be more resistant to shading. At just $0.78 per watt, Trina offers a model with 25 years of product warranty and an equally lengthy performance warranty. The looks won’t disappoint either: its black surface looks stylish and visually appealing on a roof.
A1SolarStore recommends Tesla 420–430 W
Tesla solar panels for home provide from 420 to 430 W of power, depending on the variation. The maximum efficiency reaches 19.8%. The all-black design makes the panels look stylish on any roof. They come with a 25-year warranty for product and performance and you can expect them to retain over 85% of their output by the end of year 25.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!