LG solar panels vs Silfab: A1SolarStore comparison
- 17 Mar 2023
- 5 min
Who would win the hearts of solar lovers: a huge corporation from South Korea LG or a North American solar manufacturer Silfab? Let’s compare their solar panels side by side and find out!
What we know about the LG solar panel brand
LG Solar, a division of LG Electronics, has a history dating back to the mid-1980s. The company's initial focus was on the development and manufacturing of solar cells, which are the building blocks of solar panels. In the 1990s, LG Solar began to expand its focus to include the development of solar panels and other related products, and by 2009, the company had established itself as a major player in the global solar industry.
Their most known panels are NeON 2 and NeON R solar panels, which set new industry benchmarks for efficiency and durability.
In 2020, LG Electronics announced that it would be leaving the solar panel manufacturing market, citing a shift in focus towards other strategic business areas. While the company will no longer produce solar panels, it will continue to honor warranties and provide support for its existing customers. The decision to exit the solar panel market underscores the challenges and competition faced by companies in the solar industry, but LG Solar's contributions to the industry's growth and innovation will continue to be felt for years to come.
What we know about the Silfab solar panel brand
Silfab Solar is a Canadian-based solar panel manufacturer that was founded in 2011. The company has a rich history in the solar industry, as it was created from the merger of two well-established solar companies: Siliken Canada, a subsidiary of Spanish-based Siliken, and Itek Energy, a US-based solar panel manufacturer. This merger allowed Silfab Solar to combine the expertise, experience, and resources of two established solar companies to become a major player in the North American solar market.
Since its inception, Silfab Solar has focused on producing high-quality, reliable solar panels that are designed and manufactured in North America. The company's dedication to quality has earned it a reputation as a top-tier solar panel manufacturer, with a wide range of products that are used in residential, commercial, and utility-scale installations.
LG solar panels vs Silfab solar panels: Pros and Cons
What are the strong and weak sides of LG and Silfab products? We’ll make a table of pros and cons to make the LG solar panels vs Silfab comparison easier.
|LG solar panels
|Silfab solar panels
1. High efficiency. LG Solar panels go over 22.3% conversion rate.
2. Great warranties. LG Solar offers 25-year warranties for product and performance and continues to provide support even after they’ve left the market.
3. Wide product line. There are panels for all kinds of applications: residential, commercial and industrial projects.
4. High quality. Panels are made in the US and Korea and meet all the international quality standards.
1. High-quality: Silfab Solar panels are known for their quality, reliability, and durability, with a low rate of defects and high energy efficiency.
2. Made in North America: Silfab Solar panels are designed and manufactured in North America, which provides more control over the production process and reduces transportation costs and environmental impact.
3. Strong warranty: Silfab Solar offers a 25-year linear warranty and a 30-year performance guarantee on its panels, which is longer than many other solar panel manufacturers in the market.
4. Innovation: Silfab Solar is committed to innovation, with a focus on developing new and improved solar panel technologies that improve efficiency and performance.
1. LG stopped making solar panels and is not planning to return to the solar market any time soon.
2. LG solar panels are more expensive than average.
1. Higher cost: Silfab Solar panels can be more expensive than panels from other manufacturers, which may be a drawback for consumers who are on a budget.
2. Limited product range: Silfab Solar has a limited range of solar panel models and sizes, which may make it difficult for some customers to find the right panel for their specific needs.
3. Availability: Silfab Solar panels may not be available in all regions, which may limit the company's potential customer base. However, the company has been expanding its reach in recent years, and availability is likely to improve over time.
Best solar panel LG vs Best solar panel Silfab: By A1SolarStore
Let’s compare the panels from the two brands. This will help you choose the best one out of them.
Silfab Elite SIL-380
Silfab Elite is one of the most efficient panels among those that are manufactured in North America. Its conversion rate reaches 21.4%. Engineers have reduced cell gaps and eliminated external busbars which increased active cell area and improved the appearance of a panel as well. It is a great choice for both small and large residential projects.
LG NeON 2
The most popular panel from LG has 385 W power output and a 21.2% conversion rate. N-type cells lose less output in the first year in operation and improve power output. It comes with 25-year warranties for product and performance.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!