LG Solar panels vs JA Solar panels
- 17 Mar 2023
- 5 min
Let’s compare the solar panels from the Korean corporation LG and Chinese giant JA Solar. Who does the better job of making them and which ones you could choose for your home? Let’s find out in our LG Solar panels vs JA Solar comparison.
What we know about the LG solar panel brand
LG Solar is a division of LG Electronics, a South Korean company that was founded in 1958. The LG Solar division was established in 2008, with the aim of expanding LG's presence in the renewable energy sector. In the same year, LG Solar began production of its first solar cell, which had an efficiency of 15.6%.
Over the next decade, LG Solar continued to invest in research and development, expanding its product portfolio to include a range of high-efficiency solar panels for residential and commercial use. In 2016, LG Solar achieved a milestone of 1 GW in global solar panel production, and by 2020, the company had shipped over 30 million solar panels worldwide. In 2021 the company announced that it quits the solar market and stops solar panels production.
What we know about the JA Solar panel brand
JA Solar is a Chinese solar panel manufacturer that was founded in 2005. The company has established itself as a leading player in the global solar industry, with a focus on high-quality products and advanced manufacturing processes. The company's panels are known for their high energy efficiency and durability, as well as their ability to perform well in low-light conditions. JA Solar also offers a range of mounting solutions and monitoring systems to help customers optimize their solar installations.
LG solar panels vs JA Solar panels: Pros and Cons
Let’s compare the positive and negative sides of LG and JA solar panels. This will make it easier to figure out which brand is stronger.
|LG solar panels||JA Solar panels|
1. Great production. LG Solar panels perform well in different weather conditions and show high efficiency numbers.
2. Solid warranties. There are 25-year warranties for materials and production of LG panels.
3. High quality. LG Solar production facilities were located in the US and Korea. The panels meet all the international quality standards.
1. High energy efficiency: JA Solar panels are known for their high energy conversion efficiency, which can help you get the most out of your solar system and generate more electricity.
2. Durability and reliability: JA Solar uses high-quality materials and advanced production processes to ensure that their panels are durable and reliable, with a long lifespan and minimal maintenance requirements.
3. Good value for money: Compared to some other solar panel brands, JA Solar panels may be relatively affordable, which could make them a good option for those looking for a cost-effective solar solution.
4. Wide range of products: JA Solar offers a wide range of solar panel products, with different power outputs, sizes, and designs to suit a variety of installation needs.
1. LG stopped making solar panels and left the market. It still provides warranty coverage.
2. LG panels are relatively expensive, compared to panels from other manufacturers.
1. Limited availability: JA Solar may not be available in all regions, which could limit the options for those looking to purchase their products.
2. Quality concerns: While JA Solar is known for its focus on quality, some customers have reported issues with product defects and warranty claims, which could be a disadvantage for those who value reliability and after-sales support.
3. Less established brand: Compared to some other solar panel brands, JA Solar may be less well-known or established, which could be a concern for those who prefer to work with a well-established brand.
Potential performance issues in high temperatures: 4. Some studies have suggested that JA Solar panels may experience reduced performance in high-temperature environments, which could be a concern for those living in hot climates.
Best solar panel LG vs Best solar panel JA: By A1SolarStore
What are the best panels made by LG and JA Solar? Let’s compare a couple of models by two brands side by side.
LG NeON H series
LG H series panels are designed for small commercial or large residential systems. Here is a panel with 450 watt output and 20.5% efficiency. It features a half-cut cell design for better shading tolerance. The panel has 144 half-cut N-type cells and retains over 90% of its output after 25 years.
JA Solar 405W 144 Cell
The panel provides 405 Watts of power output and reaches a 20.2% energy conversion rate. Half-cut cells make the panel sturdier and increase shading resistance. The busbars improve electricity flow and PERC technology brings efficiency up while keeping production costs low. The design is pretty generic, but again it is made to provide lots of power, not to look good.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!