- Sign in / Register
- Comparison list
REC is one of the most famous European solar brands. LONGi Solar is a well-known manufacturer from China. In this article we’ll look at two brands and let you decide which one is better: here is REC solar panels vs LONGi Solar comparison.
A well-known solar panel manufacturer, REC, has roots in Norway that date back to 1996. The company has been able to lead the solar industry because of a focus on research and development, which has led to the creation of some of the most effective and high-quality solar modules on the market right now.
REC has manufacturing plants in the US and Singapore. Their TwinPeak solar module series, which has a better power output and longer life, is well-known. Overall, REC has cemented its position as a top brand in the solar sector via continual innovation and a dedication to sustainability.
Chinese company Longi Solar is an expert in creating monocrystalline silicon solar panels and associated goods for the renewable energy sector. The company was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Xi'an, China. One of the biggest producers of monocrystalline silicon solar panels, Longi Solar has offices and facilities spread across a number of nations, including the US, Japan, Germany, and India. The business has won praise for its top-notch goods, dedication to sustainability, and inventiveness in the field of renewable energy.
Here's a summary of benefits and downsides of panels from these two brands. This will make comparing REC solar panels vs Silfab simpler.
|REC solar panels||LONGi Solar panels|
1. Efficiency. The conversion rate of REC panels reaches 22%.
2. Great warranties. REC panels are protected by triple 25-year guarantees for product, performance and labor.
3. High quality. The failure rate of REC PV modules is 1 in 10,000.
1. High conversion efficiency. Compared to other solar panels, Longi Solar panels are noted for their high conversion efficiency, which allows them to produce more electricity from the same amount of space.
2. Durability: Longi Solar panels are renowned for their longevity and ability to survive extreme weather conditions.
3. Quality: Longi Solar has a reputation for dependability and performance, and it is dedicated to manufacturing high-quality products.
4. Cost-effective: Longi Solar panels are an appealing choice for individuals wishing to invest in solar energy because of their low pricing.
1. REC panels are more expensive than average.
2. There are no high-output panels for industrial-size projects.
1. Longi Solar is a Chinese company, which can make it hard to find their panels in the US.
2. Longi Solar panels are often larger and heavier than others, which can make them more challenging to install or transport.
It's time to compare REC and LONGi solar panels! Here are two models that you can install on top of your house.
This is one of the simplest, least expensive, yet highest quality solar panel for home in the REC product line. TwinPeak features improved shade tolerance because two sides of a panel are manufactured independently. Low light performance is great! The module is fully protected from Potential Induced Degradation (PID), which can cause 20-30% power loss in humid weather. However, the degradation rate of this module is quite general: after 25 years it reaches about 80% of the rated power. The model is covered by the ProTrust triple warranty.
LONGi Solar 120-cell panel from HPH series is a solid choice for residential systems. It achieves a conversion efficiency of up to 20.3%. The model comes with a 12-year product warranty for materials and workmanship and a 25-year warranty for extra linear performance.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!
Get more fun content on YouTube!Subscribe to learn more about solar energy every day