- Sign in / Register
- Comparison list
There are hundreds of manufacturers on the solar market. How to choose the one you like? Let’s compare the famous European brand REC with an American company Silfab. Whose solar panels are superior? Learn in our REC solar panels vs Silfab comparison.
REC is a well-known solar panel brand with a history dating back to 1996 in Norway. A focus on research and development has enabled the company to be at the forefront of the solar industry, resulting in the production of some of the most efficient and highest quality solar modules available today.
REC has manufacturing facilities in Singapore and the United States. They are famous for the TwinPeak solar module series, which features higher power output and longer life. Overall, REC 's continued innovation and commitment to sustainability has solidified its reputation as a leading brand in the solar industry.
Silfab Solar is a Canadian solar panel manufacturer that was founded in 2011. Silfab produces high-efficiency solar panels that are designed to withstand tough weather conditions, making them a popular choice for homeowners and businesses in both residential and commercial markets.
Manufacturing facilities of Silfab are located in Ontario, Canada, and Bellingham, Washington in the United States. The company's manufacturing facilities are equipped with the latest technology and machinery, which allows for the production of high-quality solar panels. Silfab has a vertically integrated manufacturing process, meaning that it controls every step of the manufacturing process, from the production of solar cells to the assembly of the final product.
Here’s a list of pros and cons of panels from these two brands. This will make it easier to compare REC vs Silfab solar panels.
|REC solar panels||Silfab solar panels|
1. High efficiency up to 22% allows you to use available space to the maximum.
2. REC panels are eligible for Triple 25-year warranty for product, performance and labor.
3. Amazing quality. The failure rate of REC panels is 1 in 10,000
4. Low degradation rate. The most modern panels from REC lose only about 0.25% of their power annually and after 25 years they still retain over 92%.
1. High Efficiency: Silfab solar panels have a high efficiency rate, meaning they can generate more power from the same amount of sunlight.
2. Durable and Reliable: Silfab solar panels are designed to withstand tough weather conditions and have a long lifespan, providing a reliable source of energy.
3. Vertically Integrated Manufacturing Process: Silfab controls every step of the manufacturing process, ensuring high quality and consistency.
1. REC solar panels aren’t designed for installations of industrial scale.
2. REC solar panels are expensive.
1. Former employees complain about poor working conditions and that some of them didn't receive their salary for months.
2. Some customers have had problems with warranty support, so we recommend reading the terms carefully.
Time to look at REC and Silfab solar panels side by side! Both panels are a good choice for home or your business installation.
Silfab Prime all-black design looks very attractive and stylish. 120 semi-cut cells ensure longevity and higher output and better shading tolerance. The module is ready for all kinds of extreme weather conditions: it is designed for a mechanical load of 5400 Pa, which is equivalent to a wind speed of 210 mph. Silfab Prime comes with a 12-year product warranty, which can be extended to 25 years, and a 30-year performance warranty. After 30 years in service, the module retains 82.6% of its power.
REC Alpha is a high-performance solar panel produced by REC. It boasts a maximum efficiency of 21.7%, making it one of the most efficient solar panels on the market. The panel uses heterojunction cell technology, which combines the benefits of traditional crystalline silicon cells and thin-film technologies to achieve high efficiency and reliability. REC Alpha also features a unique and durable frame design that allows it to withstand harsh weather conditions and heavy loads, making it a popular choice for residential and commercial applications. With a 25-year product warranty and a 25-year linear power output warranty, REC Alpha is a reliable and long-lasting option for those looking to invest in solar energy.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!
Get more fun content on YouTube!Subscribe to learn more about solar energy every day