LG solar panels vs Jinko Solar
- 17 Mar 2023
- 5 min
LG Solar is a division of LG Electronics, a giant Korean electronics corporation. Jinko Solar is the world’s largest solar manufacturer. Who makes better panels? Let’s decide the winner in our LG Solar panels vs Jinko Solar comparison.
What we know about the LG solar panel brand
LG Solar is a division of LG Electronics, a South Korean company founded in 1958. The LG Solar division was established in 2008 with the goal of expanding LG 's presence in the renewable energy sector. That same year, LG Solar began production of its first solar cell, which had an efficiency of 15.6%.
Over the next decade, LG Solar continued to invest in research and development and expanded its product portfolio to include a range of high-efficiency solar cells for residential and commercial use. In 2016, LG Solar reached the 1 GW milestone in global solar module production, and by 2020, the company had shipped over 30 million solar modules worldwide. In 2021, the company announced that it would exit the solar market and cease production of solar modules.
What we know about the Jinko Solar panel brand
Jinko Solar is a Chinese company that designs, manufactures, and sells solar products, including solar cells, modules, and photovoltaic (PV) systems. The company was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Shanghai, China. Jinko Solar is one of the largest solar module manufacturers in the world, and has a global presence with production facilities in China, Malaysia, Portugal, South Africa, and the United States.
In addition to producing solar products, Jinko Solar also provides solar solutions and services for residential, commercial, and utility-scale projects. The company has been recognized for its high-quality products and has won numerous awards, including the "Top Brand PV" award from EuPD Research, the "Solar Innovation & Excellence Award" from Solar+ Power Awards, and the "Best PV Module Manufacturer" award from Solar Power World.
LG solar panels vs Jinko Solar panels: Pros and Cons
Here’s a table of advantages and disadvantages of LG and Jinko Solar panels. This will help to decide the winner in our LG solar panels vs Jinko Solar comparison.
|LG solar panels
|Jinko Solar panels
1. Great production. LG Solar panels perform well in various weather conditions and have high efficiencies.
2. Solid warranties. At LG, there is a 25-year warranty on the material and performance of the modules.
3. High quality. LG Solar module production facilities are located in the USA and Korea. The modules meet all international quality standards.
1. Low cost. Jinko solar panel prices are among the lowest on the market.
2. High efficiency. Using n-type cells and cutting-edge technologies such as PERC, multi-busbars, and half-cut cell design allows Jinko Solar engineers to make their modules as efficient as possible. Jinko Solar's most advanced modules achieve an energy conversion rate of 22%.
3. Good performance in bad weather. Tiling Ribbon technology improves the production of Jinko Solar modules in low light conditions by 5% compared to conventional modules.
1. LG has ceased manufacturing solar modules and has withdrawn from the market. However, it continues to offer warranty services.
2. LG panels are relatively expensive compared to other manufacturers' panels.
1. Generic product warranties. Most models have a warranty period of 12-15 years, which is fine, but not great. However, according to the company's warranty guide, there are panels that now come with a solid 25-year product warranty.
2. Reputation issues. In 2021, U.S. Customs and Border Protection began blocking imports of Jinko Solar products because the company was accused of using forced Uyghur labor. Because of this, Jinko solar modules have recently become difficult to obtain in the United States
Best solar panel LG vs Best solar panel Jinko: By A1SolarStore
Let’s compare the panels from LG and Jinko Solar. Both brands make great panels for residential and commercial systems and here are two models that you can use for any solar project.
LG NeON 2
This is LG's flagship solar panel and is known for its high production and durability. It features 60 N-type monocrystalline cells that lose less power over a year of operation and are more efficient. A 385-watt model has a conversion rate of 21.2%. There have been many variants of NeON 2 over the years, including bifacial and all-black panels.
Jinko Solar Eagle G2
A great panel for commercial and residential systems, Jinko Solar Eagle G2 is a 144-cell monocrystalline module that delivers 385 watts of power at 19.42% efficiency. Chinese engineers use a semi-cut cell design and PERC technology to increase production volumes. The module comes with a 10-year product warranty and a 25-year performance warranty.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!