200V Charge Controllers
- Battery compatibilityLead acid
- Controller typeMPPT Charge Controllers
- Maximum charging current79 A
- Maximum voltage of the solar panels200 V
Delivery on Dec 08–13
200 V charge controllers
Charge controllers are an important part of any solar power system that has a battery bank. A reliable model will not only make the battery last longer, but it will also make the system more secure. A 200 V solar charge controller is an optimal solution for large solar panel systems with more than a dozen PV modules.
What a 200 V charge controller can do
The following are typical capabilities of a solar panel system equipped with a 200 V charge controller:
- Making sure the output of the solar panels is within safe limits to avoid damaging the batteries
- Preventing battery damage associated with overcharging and deep discharge
- Protecting against reverse current. During the night, when solar panels are not in use, power from the batteries could flow back to the panels, which could cause a fire
- Battery bank monitoring
- Altering the charging parameters
When you need a 200 V charge controller
A solar panel system with a voltage greater than 200 V cannot be paired with a 200 V charge controller. Ensure that the open-circuit voltage of your solar panels is appropriate by consulting the product specifications. If your solar panels are connected in parallel, the system's voltage will be the same as if only one panel were used. When multiple panels are connected in series, the voltage increases while the current remains constant.
Determine how many solar panels can be connected to your 200 V solar charge controller by multiplying the voltage of your battery bank by the controller's amperage. For example, a system consisting of fifteen 320 W solar panels (48 * 100 = 4,800) can be paired with a 48 V battery bank and a 100 A 200 V charge controller.
How to choose the right 200 V charge controller
Pulse width modulation (PWM) or maximum power point tracking (MPPT)? This is one of the most important questions to ask when shopping for a charge controller.
To get the most bang for your buck, go with a 200 V PWM solar charge controller. This type of controller is more long-lasting than others because of its simplified design. A PWM charge controller has a lifespan of up to 20 years. However, low cost and longevity have a rather low efficiency as a counterweight. 200 V PWM charge controllers are 75% to 80% efficient and usually have fewer charging modes. More importantly, this controller causes excessive power loss when battery and panel voltages differ.
If you're looking for a 200 V solar charge controller for sale, take into account models that employ MPPT technology. Even though they are more expensive, these have an efficiency rate of up to 99% and give you greater control over the charging process. Depending on the manufacturer, the lifespan of these controllers is usually between ten and fifteen years. Using a 200 V MPPT charge controller and a battery with a much lower voltage can significantly reduce wiring costs.
Why choose us
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any inquiries. Working with our store has the following advantages:
- Fulfillment centers both on the East and the West coasts of the USA
- Orders are processed within 24 hours and shipped within 48 hours
- Competitive 200 V solar charge controller prices
- Delivery in 5-7 business days
- Trusted manufacturers only
- All equipment is 100% authentic
Free and usefull digest on solar energy. No spam