Mission Solar panels vs SunPower
- 22 Mar 2023
- 5 min
When it comes to solar panel brands, Mission Solar and SunPower are two well-known names in the industry. In this comparison, we'll take a closer look at what each brand has to offer.
What we know about the Mission Solar brand
Mission Solar Energy is a US-based solar panel manufacturer located in San Antonio, Texas. The company was founded in 2014 and specializes in the production of high-efficiency solar panels for residential, commercial, and utility-scale applications.
Mission Solar panels are known for their high-quality construction and excellent performance in a range of environmental conditions. Their panels come with a 25-year product and performance warranty, giving customers peace of mind in their investment.
In addition to solar panels, Mission Solar also offers a range of other solar products, including solar inverters and energy storage solutions.
What we know about the SunPower solar panel brand
SunPower is a US-based solar panel manufacturer founded in 1985, headquartered in San Jose, California. SunPower is widely recognized as a leader in the solar panel industry, known for its high-efficiency solar panels and innovative solar solutions.
SunPower panels are among the most efficient on the market, with some models reaching efficiencies of over 22.8%. The company also offers a range of other solar products, including complete solar energy systems, energy storage solutions, and financing options.
Mission Solar vs. SunPower: Pros and cons
Which brand is better? Here's a breakdown of the pros and cons of each:
1. Cost-effective. Mission Solar panels are generally more affordable than SunPower panels, making them a great option for those on a budget.
2. American-made. All Mission Solar panels are designed and manufactured in the United States, giving customers peace of mind about the quality of their panels.
3. Reliability. Mission Solar panels come with a 25-year product and performance warranty, ensuring customers that their panels will last for years to come.
1. High efficiency. SunPower panels are among the most efficient on the market, meaning they can generate more energy than other solar panels.
2. Quality. SunPower panels are known for their high-quality construction, ensuring they can withstand a range of environmental conditions.
3. Long-lasting. SunPower panels come with a 25-year product and performance warranty, with some models having a 40-year warranty. This means that customers can enjoy the benefits of their panels for decades to come.
1. Lower efficiency. Mission Solar panels are not as efficient as SunPower panels, meaning they may not generate as much energy in a given space.
2. Limited product line. Mission Solar only offers solar panels and a few other solar products, limiting the options available to customers.
1. Higher cost. SunPower panels are generally more expensive than other solar panels, making them a less budget-friendly option for some customers.
2. Complex installation. Some SunPower panels may require special installation procedures, which can make the installation process more complicated and expensive.
Best solar panel Mission Solar vs. best solar panel SunPower: By A1SolarStore
In this comparison, we will closely examine the best solar panels from each of the industry titans. By exploring their distinct features and benefits, we can gain a better understanding of how these brands compare in terms of performance, efficiency, and value.
A1SolarStore recommends Mission Solar PERC 345 W
This 345 W panel from Mission Solar is a highly efficient and reliable model, which is widely considered among the best in Mission Solar's product line. The panel features a 60-cell design, allowing for a more compact installation and greater energy production per square foot. With a power output of 345 watts, the module offers exceptional performance in converting sunlight into usable electricity. Additionally, the panel is built with high-quality materials, ensuring long-term durability and reliability, even in harsh weather conditions. Mission Solar is also known for its rigorous quality control standards, which ensure consistent panel performance over decades.
A1SolarStore recommends SunPower Maxeon 440 W
An AC panel from SunPower Maxeon comes with a built-in micro inverter from Enphase. The module provides 440 W of output with 22.8% efficiency. Microinverters have superior monitoring capabilities compared to string inverters. The inverter from Enphase works at 96.5% efficiency. The panel comes with an unheard of 40-year warranty from SunPower for product and performance. There is also a 25-year product warranty for the micro inverter which is covered by Enphase.
Learn about the latest arrivals and discounts first!