Our standard shipping fee is $195 for up to 8 panels. Each time you add up to 4 panels, you pay $25 more. Normally, we deliver solar panels within 7 business days.
Solar Panels for Home
Solar panels for home
Thinking about getting solar panels for home? Your own solar installation can pay your energy bills and help you to contribute to the fight against global warming. If you want to live in a remote place where there are no power lines, solar panels are a great alternative to gas generators: they are silent, make no smell and pay for themselves overtime.
What are solar panels for home?
Three types of solar panels for house installations are the most widespread now. Each one has its pros and cons:
- Monocrystalline panels are the most popular choice. They have the best efficiency (17%-20%), but also cost more than two other types. A monocrystalline PV module lasts more than 25 years. They are usually black in color.
- Polycrystalline panels are similar to monocrystalline ones, but cheaper and less efficient. The cells of a polycrystalline panel have a distinctive blue hue. These panels also last for 25 years or more.
- Thin-film panels are quite different. These flexible PV modules are the cheapest, but have the lowest efficiency (10-13%) and shorter lifespan (10-15 years).
Choosing the right panels for home
The most popular solar panels for home use range between 300W and 330W in wattage. The average size of a residential PV system is around 5 kW, which means that you can cover your energy needs with around 15-20 panels. However, nothing stops you from getting more powerful PV modules for your home – if anything, they allow you to use your space more efficiently.
A 60-cell solar panel is usually 65 x 39 inches in size. 72-cell and 96-cell panels are a little bigger and are usually used in commercial systems, since you can’t fit a lot of them on the roof. There are also 120-cell and 144-cell panels which are the same size as 60-cell and 72-cell modules respectively due to the half-cut cell technology used. Check the panel dimensions before the purchase, so that you can plan your installation beforehand.
Technical features of solar panels for home
- Aluminum frame makes the panels very durable. They can handle the 140 mph wind (2,400 Pa), hail and snow.
- Easy installation – use mounting brackets or mounting frames and fasteners to attach panels to your roof.
- Compatibility with 12V, 24V and 48V systems.
- 25+ years lifetime.
Take a look at properties of different models before the purchase. Some models have better efficiency in cloudy weather, while others offer better shading tolerance. Pick a model that will perform better in your circumstances.
If you want to become independent from the utility grid, you can add batteries to your system. All of our panels are compatible with batteries of any voltage, but it is important to get a charge controller to keep your energy storage safe.
What is the average price of solar panels for home?
Over the last decade, the average solar panel cost dropped by around 80%. This trend continues, so it only makes sense to go for solar now if you haven’t done so yet. A solar system in the USA pays for itself in 7-8 years on average.
Cost of solar panels for home depends on:
- type of panels
- wattage and number of cells =
Chinese brands offer cheaper panels with high efficiency. Europeans and Japanese deliver the product of the highest quality which costs a lot more. American and Canadian panels are in the middle of the price range. The prices for residential solar panels in our store range from $150 to $550. Don’t forget that you can reduce the installation cost by applying to the Federal Solar Tax Credit (ITC) program.
Our staff will be glad to give you all the information concerning our products. Here is how we work:
- Our warehouses are located on East and West coast of the USA
- We process all orders in 24 hours and ship them in 48 hours
- Delivery takes 4-7 business days
- We work only with trusted manufacturers — no counterfeit products guaranteed
- Affordable pricing on all solar energy equipment
Frequently asked questions
With top tier solar panels, you pay for the brand name, proprietary new technology, higher energy output, and better warranty support.
Please refer to the product datasheet on the product page. We have a datasheet for every product we sell.
In general, manufacturers provide a 25-year performance warranty and a 10-year product guarantee. However, some manufacturers may provide extended warranties as well. More information is available in our Warranty Support section.
We recommend Panasonic and Mission Solar panels for smaller systems as their high energy output and excellent craftsmanship guarantee years of service.
Any of our panels can be used for a 12v system with a properly selected inverter and charge controller.
Yes, we can set up a pick up at a local distributor. Please call to discuss options and stock availability.
To achieve the best system efficiency, panels should be connected in series to create higher voltage.
We’ll answer you to E-mail in 3 days