15A charge controllers
- Controller typePWM Charge Controllers
- Maximum charging current15 A
- Maximum voltage of the solar panels60 V
Delivery on Oct 02–05
15 amp charge controllers
A solar panel system with a battery bank requires a charge controller – operating it without one is simply not safe. A good model can significantly prolong the lifespan of your battery while making your system safer as a whole. We recommend 15 amp solar charge controllers for smaller PV systems: portable, RV, boat applications or the like.
What a 15 amp charge controller can do
True to its name, this vital device is responsible for controlling the charging process. A typical 15 amp solar charge controller would have the following capabilities:
- Regulation of the solar array’s voltage so that it doesn't hurt the battery
- Protection from overcharging and deep discharge
- Reverse current protection. Without a charge controller, current may flow from batteries to panels during the night, which may cause a fire
- Battery bank monitoring. A charge controller allows you to check the state of your battery and see the loads
When you need a 15 amp charge controller
A 15 amp charge controller can’t handle a large solar panel system. Choose it if your project is sufficiently small – around a couple 200 W solar panels. There is a more precise method to determine if a 15 amp charge controller would be the right size for you. For that, simply divide the wattage of your panels by the voltage of your battery bank.
For example, if you have a 100 W solar panel and want to use a 12 V battery, you’d need a charge controller capable of handling at least 8.33 A (100 / 12 = 8.33). In this case a 15 amp charge controller would be more than enough. And by not loading it to its full capacity you would prolong its lifespan.
How to choose the right 15 amp charge controller
Probably one of the biggest choices to be made when picking a charge controller is whether to opt for PWM or MPPT.
A 15 amp PWM solar charge controller would be a cheaper option. At the same time, this type of controllers has a longer lifespan due to reduced complexity. You can expect a PWM charge controller to live 10 to 20 years. However, the affordability and longevity come at the price of efficiency. A 15 amp PWM charge controller would be only 75 to 80% efficient and give you less freedom in customizing the charging process. On top of it, this type of controllers loses too much energy when the voltages of panels and batteries are different.
A 15 amp solar charge controller costs more if it uses the MPPT technology. In exchange, you get a higher efficiency of up to 99% and more control over the charging process. The lifespan of these controllers is between 10 and 15 years, although it can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
Why work with us
If you’re looking for a 15 amp solar charge controller for sale, our store has various models to offer. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Some advantages of doing business with us:
- Fulfillment centers both on the East and the West coast of the USA
- Order processing within 24 hours and shipment within 48 hours
- Competitive 15 amp solar charge controller prices
- Delivery in 5-7 business days
- Trusted manufacturers only
- 100% authentic products
Free and usefull digest on solar energy. No spam