OutBack Power SkyBox Grid-Tie Hybrid Inverter SBX5048-120/240, BATTERY INVERTER, GRID TIE, 5.0KW 48VDC, 120VAC 60HZ
The SkyBox hybrid grid tie inverter can be used as a grid-tie inverter with or without a battery. When used with a battery it can be used to enhance self-supply of solar energy. This is useful when net-metering, or grid feed is not available, or not advantageous financially. This system uses DC coupling for both the solar and the connection to the battery system for greater overall efficiency. The SkyBox uses any commonly available 48 VDC battery bank, any lead type, flooded, AGM, or gel, and many Lithium batteries. PV input voltage range is 200-600 VDC , allowing longer PV strings. Compliant with California rule 21 and Hawaii 14H grid support requirements.
The system features backup power; grid support; net metering; non-export; and prioritized charging from renewables. These features can use any of the loads in the house, including those on the main service panel, what we call "primary" self-supply. Backup power is available to the loads connected to the backup loads panel, with a quick transfer time of 20ms. Backup power capacity is 5 kW. The inverter has ground fault and arc fault protection built in. CT’s can be installed on the house AC lines for export control. 5 year warranty. 47" H x 21" W x 9.4" D, 110.6 lbs.
- 5,000 Watt backup power at 120/240 VAC Balance of Systems in one box Monitor and control over the internet using OPTICS RE
- Internal Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) for added safety per NEC 2011: 690.11
- Maximum back feed to array is <8ms
- Built-in battery system monitoring
- NEMA 3R outdoor ratedMeets CA rule 21 and HI 14H grid connection requirements
- Inverter operating temperatures of -6 °F to 140 °F (-20 °C to 60 °C).